Drafting chairs must be comfortable in order for designers to produce their best work. Chairs in the old days did not always offer the best comfort. Several decades ago, drafting chairs were little more than sit/stand stools. Luckily, today, we have drafting chairs with adjustable backrests and heights. These basic features, however, do not guarantee ergonomic support.
You can readily see this if you browse through the selection of drafting chairs at a local furniture store. They will definitely feel like discount chairs after a few hours of sitting in them. There are several reasons why this is the case:
- Often times a discount price sacrifices ergonomic support.
- They don’t necessarily have nice breathable mesh. They only have back padding with the typical cover.
- They don’t have easily operated foot rings, or they are built with a shoddy foot bar.
- After owning a discount drafting chair for about a year, you may experience the foot pedal loosening and falling off.
Buying the right drafting chair amounts to investing in the difference between hours of creativity and hours of nagging pain that distract your designers from the focus they require for accurate work. Pains in the back, eyestrain, and neck pain will not only block creativity, they will result in more mistakes that cost addition man-hours to correct.
Why put your company or your employees through this?
It is not necessary anymore.
Enter the VOC 590. With more ergonomic features than you’ve ever seen in a drafting chair. The 590 is committed to the comfort and productivity of your design team! It has features that you will not find anywhere else:
- It features a unique back depth adjustment that allows you to achieve an ideal 90° angle between the floor and your legs.
- It features higher elevation 4 inch thick foam more appropriate for a higher chair frame.
- It also offers superior lumbar back support that follows the curvature of the spine, making sitting for long hours a dream.
- It offers the industry’s first adjustable foot ring that is actually adjusted with the feet, not with the hands.
With ergonomics consciously designed to support the drafting process, the VOC-590 resolves a number of issues associated with previous generations of drafting chairs. Now, you can enjoy superior functionality with full-body, ergonomic support.